|IP Header fields modified on sending by IP_HDRINCL|
|IP Checksum||Always filled in|
|Source Address||Filled in when zero|
|Packet ID||Filled in when zero|
|Total Length||Always filled in|
- Enable a special filter for raw sockets bound to the IPPROTO_ICMP protocol. The value has a bit set for each ICMP message type which should be filtered out. The default is to filter no ICMP messages.
- User tried to send to a broadcast address without having the broadcast flag set on the socket.
- An invalid memory address was supplied.
- Invalid argument.
- Packet too big. Either Path MTU Discovery is enabled (the IP_MTU_DISCOVER socket flag) or the packet size exceeds the maximum allowed IPv4 packet size of 64 kB.
- Invalid flag has been passed to a socket call (like MSG_OOB).
- The user doesn't have permission to open raw sockets. Only processes with an effective user ID of 0 or the CAP_NET_RAW attribute may do that.
- An ICMP error has arrived reporting a parameter problem.