int acct(const char *filename);
Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)):
Since glibc 2.21: _DEFAULT_SOURCE In glibc 2.19 and 2.20: _DEFAULT_SOURCE || (_XOPEN_SOURCE && _XOPEN_SOURCE < 500) Up to and including glibc 2.19: _BSD_SOURCE || (_XOPEN_SOURCE && _XOPEN_SOURCE < 500)
- Write permission is denied for the specified file, or search permission is denied for one of the directories in the path prefix of filename (see also path_resolution(7)), or filename is not a regular file.
- filename points outside your accessible address space.
- Error writing to the file filename.
- filename is a directory.
- Too many symbolic links were encountered in resolving filename.
- filename was too long.
- The system-wide limit on the total number of open files has been reached.
- The specified file does not exist.
- Out of memory.
- BSD process accounting has not been enabled when the operating system kernel was compiled. The kernel configuration parameter controlling this feature is CONFIG_BSD_PROCESS_ACCT.
- A component used as a directory in filename is not in fact a directory.
- The calling process has insufficient privilege to enable process accounting. On Linux, the CAP_SYS_PACCT capability is required.
- filename refers to a file on a read-only filesystem.
- There are no more free file structures or we ran out of memory.