- Behave as though all of the options −mnrsv were specified.
- Write the name of the hardware type on which the system is running to standard output.
- Write the name of this node within an implementation-defined communications network.
- Write the current release level of the operating system implementation.
- Write the name of the implementation of the operating system.
- Write the current version level of this release of the operating system implementation.
- Provide a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. (See the Base Definitions volume of POSIX.1‐2008, Section 8.2, Internationalization Variables for the precedence of internationalization variables used to determine the values of locale categories.)
- If set to a non-empty string value, override the values of all the other internationalization variables.
- Determine the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multi-byte characters in arguments).
- Determine the location of message catalogs for the processing of LC_MESSAGES.
"%s %s %s %s %s\n", <sysname>, <nodename>, <release>, < version>, <machine>
- The requested information was successfully written.
- An error occurred.