ulimit [−f] [blocks]
- Set (or report, if no blocks operand is present), the file size limit in blocks. The −f option shall also be the default case.
- The number of 512-byte blocks to use as the new file size limit.
- Provide a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. (See the Base Definitions volume of POSIX.1‐2008, Section 8.2, Internationalization Variables for the precedence of internationalization variables used to determine the values of locale categories.)
- If set to a non-empty string value, override the values of all the other internationalization variables.
- Determine the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multi-byte characters in arguments).
- Determine the location of message catalogs for the processing of LC_MESSAGES.
"%d\n", <number of 512-byte blocks>
- Successful completion.
- A request for a higher limit was rejected or an error occurred.
nohup ulimit −f 10000 env ulimit 10000
ulimit −f 100